Recipe: Seafood Stew
Looking for a delicious recipe to keep your family and friends warm this winter? We have the perfect dish for you! This Seafood Stew featuring savory Main lobster, lump crab, shrimp, and scallops will have everyone licking their bowls clean…guaranteed! It’s our family recipe so it’s very near and dear to our heart.
Insider tip: We got all our seafood from Trenton Bridge Lobster Pound. They ship nationwide all year around and at an affordable price. Get your main ingredients for this recipe sent right to your doorstep!
We hope you enjoy as much as we do! Let us know in the comments below!
1/2 pound sliced bacon
2 medium onions, finely chopped
6 cups cubed and peeled potatoes
4 cups water
1 pound sea scallops, quartered
1 pound cooked Maine lobster meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 pound fresh Maine crab meat (cooked)
1/2 cup butter, melted (to sautée scallops and shrimp)
1 cup butter
4 teaspoons salt
4 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
2 quarts whole milk
1 can (12 ounces) evaporated Carnation milk
1. In a large kettle or Dutch oven, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels; reserve drippings in pan (the key to this recipe are the bacon drippings).
2. Saute onions in drippings until tender.
3. Add potatoes, salt, and water; bring to a boil. Cook for 10 minutes
4. Add the scallops and shrimp to the sauteed onions. Cook for 10 minutes or until scallops are opaque and the shrimp turns pink.
5. Add in the chopped cooked Maine lobster to the scallops and shrimp mix and cook until heated through (About 5 to 10 minutes).
6. Add the seafood mix to the pot of potatoes and water.
7. Stir in milk and evaporated milk; heat through to a simmer (5 minutes).
8. Top with shredded cooked crab meat. Heat.
9. Garnish with fresh parsley.
Subscribe & Get your FREE Pre-Travel/Packing Check List
MAKE YOUR NEXT TRAVEL ADVENTURE STRESS FREE WITH OUR EXCLUSIVE CHECK LIST!